Dr. Nancy O’Reilly, Motivational Speaker on Empowering Women
Nancy D. O’Reilly, PsyD, is an author of Leading Women: 20 Influential Women Share Their Secrets to Leadership, Business, and Life and urges women to connect to help each other create a better world. As a licensed psychologist, motivational speaker and women empowerment expert, O’Reilly helps women create the satisfying and purposeful lives they want to benefit themselves, their families and their communities.
To accomplish this, she devotes her energies to fulfilling the mission of the 501(c)3 Women Connect4Good, Inc. foundation, which benefits from her writing and speaking services. She established the foundation for empowering women to participate in social-profit activities and improve their careers, finances, health, and relationships. She serves on the advisory committee of the Convoy of Hope Women’s Empowerment Program of which she has become a major sponsor. Since it began in 2010, this global effort has educated 1,000 women in Ethiopia, increasing their income 240 percent.
Researcher and Writer on Women’s Issues
Dr. Nancy’s research with more than 1200 women about their attitudes toward and experiences of getting older was published in the respected professional publication American Journal of Health Behavior. She then presented it to the American Psychological Association Annual Meeting in Honolulu, 2004. Her book Timeless Women Speak: Feeling Youthful at Any Age shares the results of this research and focus groups in a popular paperback book format that features strategies for success.
Dr. Nancy firmly believes women can and should re-fire their lives rather than “retire.” Her self-help eBook, Claim Your Power Refire Your Life, focuses on issues women face when trying to respond to life’s challenges. It details specific skills women can use to adapt to change, be resilient and use their natural assets to achieve happiness and success in life and the workplace.
She consistently seeks out smart amazing women who nurture power and growth in themselves and others. She edited and contributed to the book, Leading Women, with nineteen other smart amazing women. Their common goal: to help women gain the power to fulfill their lives.
For seven years she has conducted scores of interviews with smart amazing women, which she has broadcast on Internet radio and publishes as podcasts on her popular website.
“What an incredible time to be a woman! Never before have women been so powerful;
yet many of us still don’t have the authority and power we need.
My mission in life is to change that.” ~Dr. Nancy
Honors and Recognition for Dr. Nancy’s Work
- The Missourian Award for outstanding contributions to the state as a licensed psychologist and educator, 2010
- Service on the State Committee for Psychology, a Missouri board that oversees professional standards.
- Springfield Business Journal’s Most Influential Woman Award, 2007
- Recognition August 2013 from United Way of the Ozarks for helping to found and continuing to lead Female Leaders in Philanthropy (FLIP), the United Way Women’s Leadership Council in Springfield, MO. These Leadership Councils now operate in 131 cities. Together, they raised 1 billion dollars from women during the last 10 years, making it the largest women’s philanthropic organization in the world.
Entertaining and Inspiring Motivational Speaker
Dr. Nancy delivers lively, humorous and engaging presentations on women empowerment and building self-confidence. She speaks on success with co-workers of several generations, resiliency, mental toughness, mentoring and connecting for good to entertain, educate and inspire audiences. Her warm and graceful style was readily evident in these motivational speeches delivered to:
- Women’s Conference, Breakout on “Powerful Communication for Your Legacy” Professional Business Women of California, San Fransisco, 2015 .
- Women Dentists, Keynote on “Mental Toughness” Women in Dentistry Annual Conference with 450 attendees, 2014.
- Women insurance industry professionals on “Tools to Become Empowered Women” QBE Women’s Business Group in Irvine, CA, 2014 .
- Teens and parents on “Empowerment Means Being Seen and Heard,” at Women & Girls: Then and There, Here and Now Conference, 2012.
- Red Cross Disaster Volunteers and staff at their annual appreciation luncheon, 2012.
- Members of the Missouri Juvenile Justice Association Annual Conference on “Mental Toughness: Taking Care of Yourself,” 2011.
- Springfield Business Journal’s Most Influential Woman awards luncheon, 2008.
As a Crisis Team Leader, she served in New York City after 9/11, in Louisiana after Hurricane Katrina and in Joplin, Missouri after a devastating tornado. She has spent years helping people reclaim their power after weather disasters, California fires, divorce, health crises and job loss.
Dr. Nancy uses her expertise as a licensed psychologist and motivational speaker to help women build self-confidence and self esteem. Her website and social media platforms feature motivational quotes and self esteem quotes along with advice for women empowerment and fulfillment. Contact her today about a presentation, book, or media interview.
Read her detailed resume for more information.