Dr. Nancy and
Your Book Club
- What are some ways women can gain by supporting each other? Where have you found support and given it to others?
- What forms of gender bias in others have impacted your life? Which internal biases have impacted you?
- What are some ways women can help define each other as leaders?
- How can you can help another woman overcome self-doubt?
- What strategy and script from Chapter 4 will you use to respond to hurtful comments?
- What are some of the factors that make women mean to others?
- Describe some strategies to counteract female bullying.
- What strategy and script from Chapter 7 do you think might help you combat mean women and build community?
- How have societal attitudes towards sexual harassment changed in the past 10 years? What resources are available to help women?
- What ideas will you use from Chapter 9 to communicate with men to make them your allies?
- How can listening help improve relationships among the genders? When is it important to insist on being heard?
- How can you use your “power to” make change?
- What techniques can you use to get “unstuck?”
- What one thing in the book did you find most valuable?