Exciting Book from Women Connect4Good, Inc.
20 Influential Women Share Their Secrets to Leadership, Business, and Life
I am thrilled that this collaboration among 20 women leaders – sponsored by Women Connect4Good – is now in print. Congratulations and thank you to every contributing author. Each brought her unique talents, passion and purpose. The result: a book of tools, ideas and inspiration for women who want to become stronger leaders, increase their effectiveness in every arena, and help create a better world.
~Nancy D. O’Reilly, Psy.D.
You Should Buy Leading Women If You:
- Want to advance in the world
- Mentor other women to help them succeed
- Are eager to join with other women to make a positive impact on your career, community and the world
- Are ambitious and need to support yourself and your family
- Are very busy and want to cut to the chase
- Have survived a host of difficult life events
- Are a high achiever
- Have encountered challenges in the workplace in the areas of being heard, gaining power, and commanding influence and respect.
- Want to increase your effectiveness and fulfillment
- Actively volunteer and support philanthropic causes
- Want the flexibility to control your own life
- Are ready to resume or expand your career
Buy the Book:
Benefits of Leading Women Book
- Kristin Andress
- Cheryl Benton
- Claire D. Brown
- M. Bridget Cook-Burch
- Vivian Diller
- Gloria Feldt
- Lois Frankel
- Joanna L. Krotz
- Aurea McGarry
- Lisa Mininni
- Lois Phillips
- Dr. Nancy O’Reilly
- Shirley Osborne
- Birute Regine
- Linda Rendleman
- Marcia Reynolds
- Marci Shimoff
- Rebecca Tinsley
- Sandra Ford Walston
- Janet Rose Wojtalik
This book delivers:
- Hard-won insights and advice from 20 smart, amazing women leaders.
- No-nonsense discussion about the issues affecting the evolution of women into leaders.
- Useful tools to help you claim a larger role and overcome internal barriers.
- Inspiration from women who reach out effectively to improve the world.
Our women authors know you don’t have the time or interest to read lengthy discussions, so they write to briefly teach from their own experience, telling how they maneuvered past the obstacles, acquired specific skills, and met their goals. These influential women authors explain how they have learned to embrace and use external power, to develop the self-esteem and the vision needed to weather potential obstacles, and to connect with other women through supportive relationships. Readers of Leading Women can apply these insights to their own lives right away.
Each expert’s section reveals specific tools they discovered were essential for them to make their place in the world. They acknowledge the difficulties of living in a society that binds them to unnatural and impossible expectations, and serve as role models both for facing failures and accepting accomplishments. Their essays include personal stories, easy-to-follow guidelines and step-by-step How-To lists to help women:
- Influence your organization’s course
- Make men listen when you talk
- Own your personal power
- Capitalize on your feminine strengths
- Master your personal attitudes and perceptions
- Live in joy and connection
- Mentor girls and women
- Change your relationship with money and philanthropy
- Define and live your legacy
- Switch between male and female communication and leadership styles
- Help others help themselves
Why the World Needs The Leading Women Book Now
Women Connect4Good, Inc. understands the world needs women leaders who know how to work together. Women have so much to offer and are ready to change the world for the better. In this time that requires cooperation and collaboration, the world desperately needs women to step up to the leadership plate. That’s why the Women Connect4Good, Inc. foundation developed this book, Leading Women, to offer specific tools to help women create the satisfying and purposeful lives they want at work, at home and in the world.
Women are poised to leverage their roles as leaders, and they need more than financial success or management positions. They need the added accomplishment of making a difference to feel fulfilled. And the world needs for them to do that. The stories, expertise and advice in this book can marry these two needs.
Despite recent media hype, women don’t want only one “Year of the Woman” and they certainly don’t want the “End of Men.” The truth is they actually want to create a better world for themselves, their families and their communities. Reading this book will help empower women to create the joyful and fulfilled lives they want while creating a better world.
About the Leading Women Authors
Licensed psychologist and empowerment authority Dr. Nancy D. O’Reilly chose nineteen veteran thought women leaders from hundreds of her weekly podcast guests over a four-year period. She asked the question “What are the keys women must acquire if they are to unlock their personal power and create a better world?”
Contributors to the Leading Women book have shared their personal stories as well as what they have learned about how to work with others to achieve their goals. They show other women the way to fulfillment, personal success, and making a difference. Our contributing writers are doers, nurturers, collaborators and leaders who have discovered that the world is their family. By using their natural skills, they can accomplish change that will make the world a better place for all of its citizens.
The contributors know both the inherent strengths and weaknesses of women like themselves. Each has addressed these qualities focusing on her particular area of expertise. They offer tools, insights and guidance based on careers and life experience that have made them authorities in their fields. As such they are sought-after women speakers and authors. People listen to them. Collectively they have reached out in this book, Leading Women, to show by their example how women helping other women can empower us all to make a positive impact on the world.