NOW AVAILABLE ON AUDIOBOOK!
LISTEN TO SAMPLE
Stop waiting around for the career–and life–that you deserve and start taking the reins! Leading Women shows you how to claim power and respect, conquer your internal barriers, and change the world by helping other women do the same. Featuring stories from twenty nationally acclaimed female leaders, this empowering guide offers real-life advice for breaking free of the predetermined roles in the business world and life.
Powerful women such as New York Times bestselling author Marci Shimoff, advocacy leader Gloria Feldt, and Emmy-winning television host Aurea McGarry describe what it’s like to go beyond their comfort zones, hold their own in a male-dominated environment, and take control of the situations that keep many women from achieving their goals. From corporate coach Lois Frankel’s key ways to becoming a natural and necessary leader to bestselling author M. Bridget Cook-Burch’s struggles after years of abuse, their insight will help you embrace your purpose, seize important opportunities, and overcome any obstacle that comes your way.
With the guidance of these influential, resourceful leaders, you’ll maximize your personal power, exceed your business goals, and establish a network designed to support and celebrate your fellow women.
“I grew up hearing that girls didn’t do this, and girls didn’t do that and did not have a female mentor until I was 55. Dr. Nancy O’Reilly shares many strategies to help women rewind those old tapes and create new ones.”
Author of Walking on the Glass Floor and Selling In A Skirt
You should read Leading Women if you:
- Want to join with other women to make a positive impact
- Have faced challenges being heard, gaining power, and commanding respect
- Want to increase your effectiveness, fulfillment and advancement
- Mentor other women to help them succeed
Benefits of reading Leading Women:
The authors share their hard-won insights and advice about maneuvering past obstacles, acquiring skills, and meeting their goals. Read their stories of learning to:
- Influence their organization’s course
- Make men listen to them
- Own their personal power
- Capitalize their feminine strengths
- Live in joy and connection
- Mentor girls and women
- Change their relationship with money and philanthropy
- Master male and female communication and leadership styles
About the Leading Women Authors:
Out of hundreds of podcast guests, Dr. Nancy chose 19 veteran thought leaders to help author this book. She asked them to answer the question “What are the keys women must acquire if they are to unlock their personal power and create a better world?”
Claire D. Brown
M. Bridget Cook-Burch
Joanna L. Krotz
Sandra Ford Walston
Janet Rose Wojtalik
Praise for Leading Women:
“One of the best ways to become successful is to learn from the mistakes and the successes of others. Reading this book will give detail to some of the obstacles, solutions, attitudes and perseverance that others have endured and surpassed to become successful. To know that one is not alone in being taken seriously in business or making an equal living to that of a male counterpart can ease the discomfort.”—Book Review: “Leading Women by Nancy D. O’Reilly” P. Faulhaber, BLOGCRITICS.ORG
“The 19 women contributors who share their secrets to leadership, business and life in Leading Women make this new book an uplifting, motivational and revealing read.”—“20 Influential Women Share Their Business And Life Secrets In Leading Women”, Eric Jacobson on Management and Leadership
“Studies have shown that companies in which women have risen to be CEOs and on the boards actually do better than those who do not. This book synthesizes the experiences and the advice of women who have achieve success and will no doubt help any woman, especially the younger ones entering the workplace, to find their own success.”—Bookviews by Alan Caruba
Buy the Book:
Media, Interviews and Articles about Leading Women: 20 Influential Women Share Their Secrets to Leadership, Business, and Life
- Skip Prichard – Leadership Interview
- Maria Shriver – Reasons to Help Others
- Maria Shriver – Lessons from Leading Women
- Her Agenda- Life Lessons from Leading Women
- Entrepreneur – What Workplace Gurus Do Each Day for Success
- Mind Body Green – Empower Other Women
- RIS Media – A Connecting Cheat Sheet
- IT Business Edge – The Future of Business (and Beyond!)
- Women 2.0—Guest Post, Successful Networking
- Be Leaderly – Is Your Story Holding You Back?
- Brazen Careerist – Do This Not That Networking
- Tanveer Naseer – Leading from the Heart
- Working Mother – Find Adventure (and Why You Should)
- Glass Hammer – Six Ways to Advance Your Career by Leading Like a Girl
News Releases about Leading Women
These articles may be used free of charge under the following conditions:
- Content may be used in hard copy print, educational presentations and on websites. Please contact us for other uses.
- The content must be used in its entirety. Additions, deletions or changes in the text, title or illustrations may not be made without written permission.
- Credit must be given to the original source: Reprinted with permission from DrNancyOreilly.com.
- Translation of content into another language is acceptable. DrNancyOreilly.com will not be responsible for the accuracy of translated content.