Those crazy feminists, says Joslyn Gray posting on Strollerderby. Look what they did for us!
1. The right to own property. In 1948 New york was the first state to allow a married woman to control property.
2. The right to hold public office. Federal law granted this right to women in 1788, 132 years before women won the vote.
3. The right to vote, achieved in 1920.
4. Access to education.
5. The right to choose whom to marry (if you are heterosexual), or not to marry at all.
6. The right to divorce a husband who beat you. In the U.S., marital rape was legal in all 50 states until 1976.
7. Birth control.
8. The right to serve our country in the military.
9. The right to work, choose your profession and control your earnings.
10. The right to be free of sexual harassment.
Thanks to Female Equality Matters for telling us about this blog.